Wheaten Ameracauna and Blue Wheaten Ameracuana
I raise wheaten and blue wheaten Ameraucana. The breed standard from the Ameraucana Breeders Club is here. http://www.ameraucana.org/standard.html
Wheaten chicks hatch out sort of a cream color. As they mature, the hens stay cream colored and the boys get darker and darker. Blue wheaten males will get a blue chest, wheaten males get a black chest. Wing color starts changing around 3-4 weeks old, this helps us sex them early.
...... So availability is based on first come first serve.
- Wheaten x Wheaten = All Wheaten
- Wheaten x Blue Wheaten = 1/2 Wheaten and 1/2 Blue Wheaten
- Blue Wheaten x Blue Wheaten = 1/2 Blue Wheaten, 1/4 Wheaten and 1/4 Splash
- Wheaten x Splash Wheaten = All Blue Wheaten
- Blue Wheaten x Splash Wheaten = 1/2 Splash Wheaten and 1/2 Blue Wheaten
- Splash Wheaten x Splash Wheaten = All Splash Wheaten